Monday, September 11, 2006

Second Chance?

Two similar messages came in last night. it came from a number not listed in my phonebook. And, geez. It came from someone who seems lovestruck.

I responded nonchalantly, sensing that it was from somebody who wanted to play games on me.

cno po 2

He replied with another message...

..."sayang mnahal pa nmn kita."

The messages got me curious but i had an idea who the other person is. Before i could reply to his last message, here came another text. still, the message was overflowing with (alleged) love and longing.

...ako'y isang taong NGMAHAL SAU.

I am not in the mood to play games last night so I keyed in: Ewan.

Alas, the other person wasn’t giving in.

ako ung dting taong ngmahal sau. pwd pb kita mhaling muli?

Normally, i am not rude on similar occasions but this made me impatient and so I texted:

Pwd b deretsuhin mo nlng ako. ma22log n kc ako eh.

To which the other person replied:

ang taray mo nmn. c mike 2 gus2 lng sna kta mkausap.

Mike. So i was right. It was him after all.

Mike is Nikki's dad. We haven't met since new year when he begged to see my baby. I half-heartedly obliged back then, because I thought, New Year naman eh. pagbigyan ko na. So we met at a McDonald's store somewhere.

The last time he texted was June, a week before Nikki's 2nd birthday. I thought he texted to greet her in advance, but no. He was asking a favor which I could not give in to.

It actually took me a couple of minutes to collect my thoughts. To me, he was always like that, barging into my rather calm, quiescent world like a thief. Oh, you might say that was too uncouth for a lady. Of course, I respect him, him being the daddy of my darling little Nikki. And I always told myself, no matter what, I would teach my child to respect and love him despite our past. I will carry that vow in my heart. I wouldn't let her harbor hatred and resentment in her heart against her dad.

I realized that he was already on the other line:

O ba’t ayaw mo magsalita?

Eh di ba ikaw ang gustong kumausap sa akin?

Galit ka pa rin, eh…

Hindi ako galit. Sinabi ko naman diba na matutulog na ako.


The next few lines were some sort of updates from him. I didn’t tell him much updates about myself—I told him a few things about Nikki, like she being able to speak now and had in fact become really chubby. I was surprised when he said, Oo, alam ko.

He then told me that he was lurking around the periphery of our house the previous week. From inside a car, he was watching Nikki who at that time was outside the house with Nanay & Tatay. He did not get off because he knew World War III would break out once my parents see him. He was content watching his child from afar.

He then asked me:

Pa’no ba magsimula muli?

I did not respond. But he pushed the issue further.

Pwede ba tayong magsimula ulit?

Hmm… now this is some sort of a déjà vu.

[to be continued]

8 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Oh my.... kinda makes me wish you dindnt break it up in parts, LOL. Carry on, flor!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Chateau said...

Suspense naman! I'll be waiting for part 2! :) Kinikilig ako for you.. hehe..

9:08 AM  
Blogger Daiz said...

Why did you breakup in the first place? Riel's dad also contacted me last weekend because it was my birthday. He sent an email to which I didn't reply. He said he'll try to visit Riel again. I wish he'd just forget us and let us live in peace.

9:47 AM  
Blogger ~ flor ~ said...

may & chat, ang haba kasi eh. couldn't even add pics to it. haha. the next installment is being drafted na, but might be able to post it weekend pa. :)

daiz, i'll relate what happened to us in part 2. so he's not giving up on you, it seems?

11:24 AM  
Blogger len said...

can't wait for the part 2! comment will come after reading everything na.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Daiz said...

It seems. But I've already given up on him.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Playing devil's advoacte here. WAg niyo ko awayin.

If you can't be with him (this goes for Daiz too) why not let him still be a part of your baby's life? Your baby needs a father figure y'know. As logn as they are not hurting baby and is willing to be a part of your baby's life, don't you think that your baby deserves to have a father kahit visit visit lang?

Just a thought. Of course, I realyl have no idea what happened before but ... our babies come first right?

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok lang sana kung visit sya kaso nangangako na pupunta next wk tapos di natutuloy. He's breaking his promises at ayokong umasa si Riel sa ganun. Magmumukha lang syang kawawa.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home