Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sisig, Calamares and Mary Magdalene


Me playing the role of Mary Magdalene on stage? Quite unthinkable!

I don’t know how it started but my guy friends toyed with the idea of me
being considered as Mary Magdalene for their planned local JC Superstar Lenten production next year. I thought it was nothing but a joke. Who would think it was serious? It was discussed over sisig, calamares and bottles of beer!

I haven’t been on stage for eons and haven’t even practiced my, er, vocal prowess (as if I have one!) for many years. Mary Magdalene is a dream role, a thousandfold more challenging than the role of Virgin Mary herself. And I personally find Magdalene’s I Don’t Know How to Love Him extremely haunting.

In any case, I still think these thespian friends of mine were under toxic influence and so were in no way serious at all. Lest they are otherwise, I might need to reconsider, don't you think?

6 Comments:

Blogger Christianne said...

Planning for a Passion play over sisig, calamares and beer... strange but if it encourages creativity and brainstorming, why not? :D

I'm sure you'll do a great job! Break a leg!

3:08 AM  
Blogger ~ flor ~ said...

Haha! Thanks, Christianne! :D

Just in case I would audition, first things first: I need some diet and lots of vocal prepping!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

id say.. go for it!! ;)

1:27 PM  
Blogger May said...

Wrap up all the "considering" and say Yes! I think you'd do a great job. :)

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there,
i just saw this blog and it happens im one of the characters Flor is telling us,,
well, knowing Flor, I never heard her sing, but at the tone of her voice i know she can sing,,
and another thing,, discussing any topics, over a bottle of anything what they so called "nakakalasing" is better than discussing it over nothing,, because you might don't know if the person whom you're talking to is honest on what he is saying,,
I'd say,, why don't you give it a try,, there's nothing wrong in trying,,
and if you audition,, i will pass you,,, hehehe,,, i might be the one who will chose some characters for the project,, hehehe,,

4:32 PM  
Blogger ~ flor ~ said...

yikes, now you know my sentiments, mr. anonymous! :P :P :P

chastee & may, gracias!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home