Monday, October 23, 2006

A Snapshot of My Lil One

You don't really understand human nature
unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round
will wave at his parents every time around
- and why his parents will always wave back.
~William D. Tammeus

For the first time
I saw you ride the carousel on your own.

It melted my heart seeing you
With such innocent smile
And a chubby little hand waving at me.

Pure bliss it was
That only a child’s heart can fathom
All things so novel and cheerful and colorful.

Heaven it was
For me to see you, my Little One
In that moment.
I shall keep nothing, no single photograph
But a priceless snapshot in my heart
That shall last a million lifetimes.


~ October 22, 2006

3 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Sweet!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a very touching story.. i felt like crying when i read this.. :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Real nice ...

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home