Monday, October 30, 2006

My Christmas Resolution


As I alight from the elevator into my office floor this morning, guess what graciously greeted me? Two lovely Christmas trees yanked at opposite corners of our floor lobby. Yikes! Christmas is almost here!

Just when I was about to list down and add as sidebar entries my Christmas Wishlist this year, those decors have somehow put a pressure on me. For one, I need to prep up and plan for my Christmas giftlist. Last year, I remember putting up my list and nearly, only nearly, followed my list to the letter. However, as usual, I found myself caught in the holiday rush. Having been tooooooooo busy with the project's Christmas party preps that was scheduled on December 23 (a Friday) and Noche Buena for the people on duty on Christmas Eve, left me with such little time to attend to my Christmas to do's. Thus, I was able to do some last minute shopping on the 24th for my dear little baby, niece and nephews and other family members and pushed the buying of gifts for friends days after Christmas. My excuse? Christmas is still Christmas a day or two or weeks after December 25. Thank God it worked! (lol)

Okay, okay. So that experience actually drives me to adhere to my Christmas 2006 resolution: I should do my shopping earlier! I hope to complete my list in a week or two and finish shopping by the end of November, or first week of December at the latest. I am not a big fan of Divisoria (I was lost in the midst of crazy Divisoria five years ago!) simply because there are good alternatives around. I am thinking of coming to Clark for the good buys that my sister mentioned.

And to put extreme pressure on myself, I found a good Christmas Countdown banner! Look at the bottom of my page for a sample and link.

Of course, of course, Christmas is not about gifts nor new clothes. We are all grown up to realize that. However, there is such a heart-warming feeling to be able to give (in whatever form or amount) to your loved ones, don't you agree? One of the best gifts you can give is something you made out of your own crafty hands.

Finally, for those who won't make it to my list, I am ready to give warm hugs and kisses!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I better get more than hugs and kisses ... lol!

6:18 AM  
Blogger ~ flor ~ said...

Hi benny, thanks for dropping by.

Hi Kay, ayt! I've got something in mind for you, perfect for your scrapbooks :D

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home