Friday, November 10, 2006

LSS: Losing Sanity over a Song



I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along...

My Immortal, Evanescence


I am sure you have those days in which a song keeps ringing in your head like crazy. LSS, which stands for Last Song Syndrome, is what they call it.

Last song syndrome

To listen to music before going out of the house, and having the last song you hear before leaving stick in your head all through your journey, and beyond. Is usually accompanied by subconscious humming. This syndrome is particularly dangerous when the song happens to be the most pathetic, crappy, albeit catchy song ever.

Urban Dictionary

Today, there seemed to be an iPod right inside my brain which plays Evanescence's My Immortal. Not that I hate that song. Quite the contrary. It's just that sometimes, LSS can be very irritating specifically when it is a song you swear should not have been composed at all.

I remember one time my LSS was It's All Coming Back to Me Now. Argh! It gives me creeps! Worse, a duo recently did remake of that song. It was the song which I associate to a very uh, memorable experience with my college girlfriends and one hunk of a guy. Don't ask me where we were that time and the reason as to why we were in that place. You wouldn't believe it. XD

Tell me about your worst LSS.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chateau said...

My worst LSS ever: I had to drop off my sister to a job interview in Bicutan. I was to come back for her afterwards, who knows what time. So I went to SM Bicutan to while away the time. The mall has just opened, I was probably one of their first customers in! You bet the We've-got-it-all-4-u SM jingle played over and over for the first hour I was there!!! AArrrgghh! On the drive back to get my sister, I found myself humming the d@#m song! LOL!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Christianne said...

After watching A Lot Like Love, the Bon Jovi song I'll Be There for You was playing in my head for days... what's worse is that it wasn't Jon Bon Jovi singing it, it was Ashton Kutcher with the off-key voice and bad guitar playing from the movie!

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually have my earphones glued to my ear the whole day at the office. So when I wake up in the morning, I'd be humming Audioslave/Chris Cornell/Incubus songs.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Chateau said...

Oh, recently, of course my girls are crazy over HSM. Even my 5y/o VGood has memorized the lyrics most songs. So the whole OST is my LSS! hehe

10:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Spaghetti Song by the Sexbomb and other songs by Calma was it? The guy who wrote those songs ... YUCK!

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hhmm,, mine is sunday bloody sunday and sometimes you can't make it on your own by U2,,

maybe because, im going to perform an acoustic version of these songs for our xmas party,,,

geeezzz,,, gotta go back to the old days,,

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home