Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Performance Review for My Boss


I am among the fortunate professionals on earth who has a boss whom everyone can dream of having. Well, I know that there are lots of good bosses around and I may have sounded too immature and irrational. Yet, I can't help it: I think my boss is *almost* perfect.

For the half-dozen companies that I have been with, I could name only two bosses whom I can rate as exceptional. No, I didn't mean to downplay the other superiors that I had. In fact, I believe that all of us, at the very least have grown professionally from the mentorship of our previous managers. It would be tremendously sad if we did not learn from our boss, however unreasonable we think they are in their leadership or supervisory practices.

My current boss has taught me a lot of things: integrity, trust, developing & sustaining high morale among members, honest feedback, love for work, confidence in your own potentials and a lot lot more. I would say she is the most influential person in my professional life. For the total number of years I have been working, half was spent under her mentorship. Now that I am reading John Maxwell's Becoming a Person of Influence, I must admit I have her in mind all along. I know it would be immensely difficult to follow her steps but I will make sure I remember them.

Given all these, if I were give an upward evaluation, she would receive A+ no less.

Any person whom you can identify as influential to your life? A boss, a colleague, a friend? You might want to share your experiences.


Mentors impact eternity because there is no telling where their influence will stop.
John C. Maxwell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home