Monday, November 06, 2006

Upside Down


How time flies.

I still remember my reaction when--watching the thin red strip of that test kit creep up until my eyes welled up with tears for all emotions imaginable!--I confirmed I was having a baby. Now, all twenty kilos of Nikki (yeah, you read that right!) are enough to make my heart heavy with joy and enthusiasm and love. Never mind if I have to carry around all those 44 lbs of a baby around when she gets tired of strolling in the mall. Never mind if I have to answer innocent questions and babbles and words she says which I constantly need to put together in order to make sense. Never mind if we end up messing the table after eating her fave spaghetti and chicken with her bare chubby hands. All I know is that each day with her counts and that is what is important.

You changed my world upside down, my lil girl. It's better that way than living each day without any meaning.

For when a child is born, the mother also is born again.
Gilbert Parker

2 Comments:

Blogger Chateau said...

Hi Flor! i was trying to leave a comment yesterday but Blogger posts an error..
Haay, nothing beats mommyhood no? When I got pregnant early on too, i though it was the end of my life. Of course, these three beautiful kids have proven me wrong constantly! :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger ~ flor ~ said...

thanks a lot, Chats!

that is so, so true. i never felt such fulfillment, even just looking at her while she is asleep. for you, the joy is thrice over. :)

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home